Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Miss Myself

Nightly I return to that same spot
where we spoke under the hickory tree.
I frantically search my pockets search
for where you left me. I search the
obvious places and the hidden ones
deep in my heart. If only I could crawl
inside your eye and view me from the
outside and sit inside your ear and listen
to how I sound. I could rebuild myself
and piggyback on the soft hill of your lips.

I disappeared when you left. I think you
packed me in your travel case, leaving no
forwarding address. Maybe I exist
somewhere happy in your mind.
Now I am in fog not knowing when or how I
will return. I miss myself, please give me back.

No comments:

Legal Stuff

All works posted here are under the sole and exclusive ownership of the author or artist. Do not reproduce or otherwise copy any work on this site without the expressed written consent of the author or artist.

§ P.B. Adams, Webmaster