Tuesday, December 28, 2010

After the Game

This will probably be the last piece from me for a bit. Comment if you can. I'm not even sure if it's finished yet. Thanks.
I still see him sitting on the redwood
picnic table, chin in palm, bare chest, playful
breeze tossing thin hair and thoughts.
Mulling through the hereafter or boyhood yet
for him the two were always balanced
on a blade of summer green.
Those trying calls from a longtime
companion melting among
sun showers or fog showers while mischief plays
over his too tanned lips as he picks off
another runner with a frozen
rope throw to first or simply
that icy green stare of certainty.

1 comment:

Taidgh Lynch said...

Whew! That was a long wait. I had been holding back on this one for a while. Now that I know what it means I can make out the images a lot better and clearer. It is quite a good piece, really. The structure is tight and lovely descriptions are used throughout - redwood picnic table, trying calls from a long time companion, balanced on a blade (nice rhythm). The last one is my favourite - wonderful sound and makes me really think.

I don't know but too tanned lips still distracts me. Can you be too tanned? I don't know. I've never seen anyone too tanned, only maybe a too tanned Irishman - red like a lobster :P

Legal Stuff

All works posted here are under the sole and exclusive ownership of the author or artist. Do not reproduce or otherwise copy any work on this site without the expressed written consent of the author or artist.

§ P.B. Adams, Webmaster