Sunday, June 3, 2007

Evoke

This is quite different for me, see what you think of it.

Evoke
Flightless I leave you
a scar-- a pigeon with no wings.
Frightened you hear me, skirting softly
under the floor, the scratching of the surface
evokes memories of my past.
Silently I love you, even though you panic at my absence
the light levels out, the low yellow lamp mellows with age
as I secretly dream of you.
Intercourse means nothing, the entering of the brain,
the saliva of the mouth, the low incantations of your moan
makes me draw and leave you.
I disappear for a second in the green fields, in the blue in your eyes,
in the redness of your flesh.

you turn, puzzled-- not knowing I was there.

2 comments:

P.B. said...

I've read this one several times, Tiger, and I'm still not quite sure what's going on here. Maybe that's what you intend but somehow I think I missed something.

For instance:

"Frightened you hear me, skirting softly
under the floor, the scratching of the surface
evokes memories of my past."

This reads as though you mean that she has memories of your past. Is there a special reason why she would have memories of your past?

Is this a jilted lover speaking to his love? It reads a little like that but then the beginning seems to suggest the opposite. Sorry I can't be more help. Just lost here. :)

Taidgh Lynch said...

You are right, this is a poem that I didn't really think about. Not very good if I want to be considered a poet:) Thanks for looking, and your comment was helpful.

Legal Stuff

All works posted here are under the sole and exclusive ownership of the author or artist. Do not reproduce or otherwise copy any work on this site without the expressed written consent of the author or artist.

§ P.B. Adams, Webmaster